Immigrate to Turkey - We Can Assist Foreign Citizens
Immigrate to TurkeyUpdated on Thursday 26th January 2023
based on 3 reviews.
|Entry visa requirement (from EU) (YES/NO)||YES, but exceptions apply|
Entry visa requirement (outside EU) (YES/NO)
YES, except citizens from specific countries
Types of visas available
- business purposes
|Time frame for obtaining work visa (approx.)|| |
Around 48 hours if the application is made online.
|Validity of temporary residence permit|| |
1 year with the possibility of extension
|Temporary residence permit renewal requirements|| |
Documents can be submitted online and then an appointment to the Turkish General Directorate for Migration is required.
|Documents for obtaining a residence permit|| |
- translated and notarized passport copy,
- 4 passport-size photos,
- health insurace,
- proof of domicile,
- tax payment
|Time frame for obtaining permanent residence (approx.)|| |
After living in Turkey for at least 8 years
|Investor Visa availability (YES/NO)|| |
|Start-up Visa Scheme availability|| |
The Entrepreneur Visa is issued for 3 months to register a business in Turkey
|Sponsorship requirement (YES/NO)|| |
|Time frame for obtaining citizenship|| |
The application is accepted in about 4 months. Citizenship is gained after living in Turkey for at least 5 years.
|Citizenship/Residency by investment scheme availability (YES/NO)|| |
|Taxation of foreign citizens|| |
Taxation is made on Turkish-source income, as there is no special regime for expats.
|Tax benefits for expats|| |
Tax incentives for business owners with companies subject to development in specific areas or sectors.
Getting the proper visa for Turkey
- E-visa is the travel authorization that you must obtain to enter and live in Turkey.
- The passport must have a validity of at least 150 days on the date of entry into Turkey. The national identity document can also be used, respecting the agreement on the movement of citizens from the European Union.
- You must provide an email address to receive notifications about the status of the visa issuance process.
- Payment for issuing the visa can be made online.
How can I obtain a residence and work permit for Turkey?
- The employment contract is presented, if you move to Turkey for a job offer. Our lawyers can collaborate with the employing company for a simple and fast process.
- You must have health insurance issued in Turkey.
- As with the visa, you need to pay a certain fee.
Business relocation in Turkey
- In 2021, most investments came from the USA, around 14% of the total.
- Around USD 120.7 billion represented the total FDI for Turkey in the same year.
- Most foreign investments are absorbed by sectors such as energy and manufacturing in Turkey.
Would you like to apply for a residence permit in Turkey? You have at your disposal the support offered by our lawyers. Thus, with the help of our specialists, you will have the guarantee that all documents are drawn up correctly and submitted to the relevant authorities. In this approach, a health insurance valid on the territory of Turkey is needed, as well as proof of the new domicile. Therefore, if you need legal advice, contact our law firm.