Foreign entrepreneurs who want to start a business in Turkey
and to spend a short period of time in this country will need a short-term residence permit
, that is valid for maximum one year, and after this period, they are required to extend it or to obtain a long-term residence permit in Turkey
for staying longer. One of our lawyers in Turkey
can explain the rights for residence permits in 2021 and can help foreign investors start a business in this country.
Short-term residence permit
The short-term residence permit is issued for foreigners who own a property in Turkey or who incorporate a business in this country. They are required to send a few documents to the Provincial Directorate of Immigration Administration and align with the business regulations for 2021:
- application form;
- the original and copy of the passport;
- four photos (passport size);
- declaration that they have the necessary resources for staying in Turkey for maximum one year and proving documents, if required;
- a proof of owning a property in Turkey ( if they have one);
- medical insurance.
Feel free to discuss with us about residency in Turkey. We are here to help foreigners make investments in Turkey in a legal and fast manner, and gain Turkey permanent residence.
Long-term residence permit rules in 2021
Foreign citizens who want to extend their stay in Turkey in 2021 and obtain a long-term residence permit
instead of Turkey short-term residence permit
need to submit the following documents to the Turkish authorities, helped by one of our Turkish lawyers
- application form;
- the original and copy of the passport;
- two photos (passport size);
- a document proving that the applicant hasn’t received any social aid from the Turkish authorities;
- declaration that they have the necessary resources for staying in Turkey for maximum one year and proving documents if required;
- a proof of owning a property in Turkey (if they have one)
- the previous residence permit;
- medical insurance;
- police record.
The applications for residence permits
can be made online directly to the Directorate General of Migration Management
, but for the first time applications you have to go in person to the Migration Office and present the required documents. The residence permit in Turkey
is needed in case of a stay longer than 90 days and it can be for a single person or a family, a student, for humanitarian residence etc.
How can foreigners be hired in Turkish companies?
According to the Turkish law, companies can hire foreign workers as long as they comply with the laws imposed in this field. It is necessary to have a work and residence permit to be able to legally carry out the activities within a company. In this case, the Turkish Ministry of Labor will take care of the necessary formalities and documents, but the entrepreneurs must already have 5 employees in order to be able to hire foreigners. In addition, specific company information documents will be required at the time of application for a residence permit in Turkey. We remind you that the whole process can be supervised by our specialists in the field.
Details about short-term type touristic residence permit
Foreign citizens coming from countries where a visa for Turkey
is not required must consider other formalities. For example, they must obtain a residence permit for touristic purposes
. This type of permit guarantees a legal stay in Turkey for 1 or 2 years, without imposing the condition of not leaving the country during this time. You can learn more about this subject from our lawyers in Turkey
Other types of residence permits in Turkey
Depending on the purpose of the visit to this country, it will apply for the necessary residence permit in Turkey. The following type of residence permits for Turkey is guaranteed for certain cases:
- Foreign citizens interested in specialized treatments in Turkey can apply for a medical residence permit. Treatments can take place in private clinics or state hospitals.
- In the case of those who want to establish a business in Turkey can apply for a business residence permit with a validity of 3 months.
- Those who buy a property worth at least USD 250,000 will receive a real estate residence permit card.
- Citizens who divorce their Turkish spouses must apply for a family residence permit. The same is available in the event of a death of the spouse.
- If you want to study in Turkey at university then you need a student residence permit.
Everything you need to know about residency in Turkey you can receive from our team of lawyers in Turkey.
How to apply for a family residence permit in Turkey
A family residence permit is required for those who want to reunite with family in Turkey. Therefore, this document can be obtained by spouses with foreign citizenship but who are married to Turkish citizens. Minors of foreign nationals who want to come to Turkey and reunite with their family must also have such a residence permit. Here is some other information you should consider about getting a family residence permit:
- Refugees or those receiving protection in Turkey also need such a residence permit.
- If the parent has custody of the child, the consent of the mother or father is required in order to be reunited with the family in Turkey.
- Such a residence permit guarantees education in Turkey until the age of 18, after which this document will be replaced with an appropriate one.
- The residence permit for the family is valid for 3 years, and other conditions will be imposed for its renewal.
We remind you that a Turkish lawyer can offer you legal advice in order to benefit from an easy process of obtaining a residence permit in this country. Details about the residence permit in Turkey cost you can also find out from our specialists.
Details about the Turkish health insurance
Foreigners applying for a long-term residence permit Turkey
or Turkey short-term residence permit
must also provide proof of health insurance. As for the cost of such a health policy, it should not exceed USD 100, valid for a maximum of 2 years. You can discuss more about residency in Turkey
by calling on our lawyers in Turkey
Immigration in Turkey
Immigration to Turkey has fallen sharply in 2020, and this decline has been caused by the current health crisis. However, Turkey has always been welcoming and has supported the migration of foreign nationals in search of new opportunities. Here are some statistics about Turkey's migration, not before mentioning that you can contact our lawyers for more details about Turkey permanent residence or about residence permit in Turkey cost :
- According to the latest data for 2018, about 3% of immigrants came from countries such as Bulgaria, Germany, Afghanistan, and Iraq.
- About 15,000 Turkmen citizens immigrated to Turkey in the same year.
- In 2019, approximately 56,000 asylum applications were registered, most of them from countries such as Iraq, Afghanistan, or Iran.
- Also in 2019, about 455,000 immigrants were registered.
For more details about obtaining a residence or a work permit for Turkey in 2021
, you may contact
our law firm in Turkey
. Our Turkish lawyers
will help you with information and legal assistance during your stay.